The skin care industry would have you believe that you need to rid your skin of oil completely, as oil is what causes imperfections.
But when we strip the oil out of our skin, we leave our largest organ trying to repair itself. Each time we strip the oil away, our skin over-compensates for the lack of moisture by creating more oil.
That’s why I love the oil cleansing method.
Cleansing oil uses ‘good oils’ to remove ‘bad oils’. The oils in the cleanser bind to surface impurities, pulling out dirt without clogging pores and allowing them to be easily rinsed away. And because your body isn’t working to keep the skin's natural pH balance, it prevents itself from going into oil production overload.
Depending on the product, a cleansing oil may contain a mixture of botanical oils (olive, sunflower, sesame, safflower, almond, grape seed), extracts (green tea, jasmine) and/or vitamins (vitamin E and C).
Oi, and while we’re talking about keeping your skin clear, I need to talk to you about WATER! If your skin has issues with blemishes, drink up! Water will help release and remove the toxins from within, lessening the load on your skin to push the toxins out.
In 16 years as a skin expert I’ve not seen anything like this product. It’s something truly special. The Miskin Smooth Facial Cleanser is a gel that turns into an oil, and when water is added, turns into a milk. The combination of macadamia, almond, castor and coconut oils make this very unique. I basically had never properly cleansed before trying this new way – it picks up everything!
- Take 1-2 pumps of the cleanser and rub gently over your dry face in small circles for 1-2 minutes.
- Add water to your hands (to turn the oil into a milk) and continue massaging for another 30 seconds. Concentrate on areas with blocked pores.
- I love to use a damp bamboo facial towel to wipe my face – only ever use cold or warm water though, never boiling hot.
- Voila! You have oil cleansed. There should be a thin layer of oil still on your skin to balance and protect.
- If you cleanse thoroughly during your evening skincare ritual, you may not need to cleanse again in the morning. Simply use a damp bamboo facial towel to wake up before spritzing your rose facial mist.
- Remember to keep any oil based products in a cool, dark place away from water.