I work with lots of brides-to-be before their big day to calm, nourish and soothe their skin (and emotions!) ensuring it looks the absolute best it can. As with all thing weddings, you have to do what is right for you and this is only my guide for a routine to lead you into the big day.
Working with a skincare professional
I recommended that my brides booking in monthly skincare rituals a minimum of six months out from the wedding – 12 is perfect, as it allows you to start getting into a good routine and the right state to remember what is important and making decisions that are right for you. If you don’t have that long before your big day just start incorporating good skin care practices as soon as you can. Something is better than nothing!
The month prior to the wedding, I suggest coming in weekly to keep you calm and on top of any breakouts, and because Kindred rituals include a lymphatic massage this ensures you are ready to glow as you walk down the aisle.
We've created our exclusive bridal skincare packages to ensure you've got one less thing to worry about in the lead up to your big day. We have created two options for our brides-to-be (or mothers of the bride!):
The Kindred Bridal 6 Months of Rituals
This includes nine signature 60-minute Kindred Facials. One treatment every month and then transitioning to one treatment a week in the month prior to your big day. Because we want your skin to keep glowing in between appointments, this package also includes a $150 credit to spend on recommended products at your first appointment. This must be spent at the time of your first treatment.
Investment: $1440 Senior Therapist / $1215 Junior Therapist
The Kindred Bridal 3 Months of Rituals
This includes six signature 60 minute Kindred Facials. One treatment every month for two months and one every week in the month before your big day. This package also includes a $100 credit to spend on recommended products at your first appointment. This must be spent at the time of your first treatment.
Investment $960 Senior Therapist / $810 Junior Therapist
You can select Afterpay for these packages which means you can budget out the package price and keep your wedding budget on track!
The packages also allow me to see how your skin reacts and target any of your concerns with gusto before your wedding. Some people get a post-facial glow straight away – meaning you would want one 2-3 days prior to wedding – and some people take 7 days for their skin to become it's best. By working with a professional therapist in the lead up to your big day, you can plan your appointments in advance to minimise stress and ensure you have the best results when you most want them. If you’d like to book one of the bridal packages, please email us.
What you can do in between sessions?
Of course, regular facials can only do so much. As with any skincare routine, almost equally important is looking after yourself from the inside out. My golden rules are:
- Up water intake and consider including a few key supplements to boost your efforts (which you can read more about here)
- Include super hydrating products into your morning and night skincare ritual including a Rose Mist after you cleanse and before you moisturise, or a serum like the Emerald Elixir
- Reduce redness with the Gold Balm, which will also ensure your skin is smooth. I also recommend using it underneath make up on the day for flawless skin.
- I love infrared saunas. They are amazing for detoxing, purifying and boosting your immune system. Read more about my favourite one in Brisbane here.
- Get moving. Not just to look amazing in your dress, but to feel amazing in the lead-up. Don’t become a stressed out Bridezilla – maintain your cool by nurturing your body with your favourite exercise.