Here at Kindred Toxin Free Facials, Lily and I are crazy about the benefits of lymphatic drainage. By incorporating these simple massage techniques into your rituals we have seen proven results in the overall texture and tone of our client’s skin.
In fact that’s why we created an entire ritual based on its benefits. Lymph drainage massage stimulates the natural healing process of your skin. By introducing light massage to your face, you are helping your skin to detoxify by allowing the natural fluids that build up under the surface of your skin to flow to back into the system. The results? Increased cellular turnover, which results in healthier, more youthful and glowing skin. And who doesn’t love the sound of that?
So if you’re looking to introduce a light lymphatic drainage massage into your daily routine, we’ve popped together a handy guide below to get you started.
How to perform lymphatic drainage at home:
1.Beginning at the centre of your forehead, pull your fingers (or Gua Sha wands) firmly from the middle to your temples. Repeat process three times.
- Now moving your fingers to under the eyes (where those nasty bags form) start at the inner corner of your eye and use gentle strokes to pull in a half moon motion out towards your temples. Repeat this 3-5 times.
- Using either the tip of your Gua Sha wands or your index finger, apply pressure to your eyelid starting from the inner cavity beneath your eyebrow and slide out along the eyebone to your temples. Repeat 3 times.
- Starting from the sides of your nose, take four fingers or your wands and move firmly outwards towards the base of your ears. Repeat this three times.
- Moving on towards your chin, starting at the centre, scoop the massage in a slight semi circle curving up towards your earlobes. Repeat three times.
- Finish the process by placing your fingers or wands beneath your chin and running them downwards in smooth strokes towards your collarbones. This will release any blockages in your lymph nodes.
For optimum results, repeat the process every 2 - 3 days.